Friday 22 July 2011

What is the antidote.....

Internal assumptions are the beliefs you use to organise your identity... and the antidote to protecting behaviour is Authenticity. Some internal assumptions associated with Authenticity include...

I am worthy whether people approve of me or not, whether I succeed or not

Self worth, freedom, and security are in my own hands

My greatest source of power is my personal integrity (being true to myself)

It is more important to me to remain true to myself than to live up to others expectations

I am OK, even if I make mistakes or hurt other peoples feelings

I authentically admit my part in the problems we face

The only way I lose face is by not being true to my Vision and Values

Change starts with me, I must be the change I want to see in the world....

More on the behaviours these beliefs create at a later date....

4 comments:

Professional Life Coach Anna, CPCC, ACC said...

Love the concept of creating positive internal assumptions. Look forward to reading your consequential posts about internal assumptions.

Ronnie Clifford (MCC, TLCC, CPCC) said...

Anna, thank you for your comments. We all want and need to know that we are in charge of the way we think and what we hold to be true around assumptions.... for sure, more to come! R xx

RonRenaud said...

I love it! Authenticity and responsibility.

Ronnie Clifford (MCC, TLCC, CPCC) said...

Hey Thanks Ron, I guess you found my blog before I pointed you to it. Your site looks really cool too!
Ronnie